Wednesday, November 21, 2012

About Today's Photo-Shoot



Today was the first shoot. It occurred in Polana shopping between two stores; Fatelli Gant and Fatelli & Fatelli Junior. The two stores in which the shoot occurred promote the dame brand, which was good because it had something in common. Out of the 11 models I had selected, three did not come. Those three were, India, Ali Khan and Adriana.  The reason India did not come were health issues, she was not in conditions to part take in todays photo-shoot. I decided upon having Ali Khan not doing it today since Adriana could not. Adriana was travelling for the Thanks Giving break so she was not able to join us today wither. The reason I decided to leave Ali Khan out for today too was because since Adriana and him are round about the same age I want them to have a few pictures together to I opted to have a make-up photo-shoot for the ones who did not make and for the ones I will need more pictures of. Even though a few did not come I got two extra models right on the spot, I was not searching for models but they simply just “came” to me. When Malik came with his father his older brother Samora came along as well. I asked Samora if he would like to join and he said yes, I knew the parents would not mind because I had confirmed with the father before he left. A similar thing happened when Cassia and Larissa came to the photo-shoot today. Instead of bringing a brother like Malik did, Cassia brought along a friend named Victoria. She really wanted to take pictures with the rest of the models, Larissa’s mother contacted her mother and her mother gave the permission. That was where the second model came from. 

Madalena was a pleasure to work with. When I selected her as a model for my project I knew I would not face much difficulty with her since she had done this sort of thing before. Madalena has modeled for Mcel and a magazine before, this being her third time playing this role. She was familiar with what had to be done and she is very photogenic indeed. She in total wore four outfits. She started off with a pink and white dress, then changing into a blue jump-suite, thirdly wearing another dress and lastly along with the rest of the elder girls she wore white pants and a pinkish-peach colored t-shirt. Since Madalena did a wonderful job I’m thinking of asking her to come for a second photo-shoot just so that I can get some more pictures for my catalogue. Not to insult anyone but having someone who is easy to work with and familiar with what has to be done makes to job a lot easier and faster, taking less of my time and the rest of the other models.

Sofiah is another girl that I knew I would face no challenges with. Being my cousin I know her well and I am aware of the fact that she is really good in front of the camera. At first she was shy and was not really keen on taking pictures alone, but soon after she got comfortable and did a wonderful job. Sofiah has not done any modelling work before but as said before I was aware that she is photogenic and easy to work and communicate with. Being these three things (photogenic, easy to work with & communicate with) makes my job a lot easier because I know she will listen to me as the photographer whenever I need her to do something or improve something and so on. Sofiah in told wore three different outfits. She first wore a white pair of shorts with a turquois top, then changing into a blue dress and lastly changing into the pants and t-shirt.

Larissa is a family friend, she is very social, talkative (in a good way) and she is just a joy to be around. I selected her to model for me because I know that she would do a wonderful job and I knew she was familiar with me so she would be willing to help and listen to me. Larissa came slightly late so she only wore two outfits. She wore first a white polo paired with green shorts then along with Madalena and Sofiah she changed into the white pants and t-shirt.

Cassia is a cutie, who enjoys laughing and I enjoy being around. Since I was selecting her sister I also decided to choose her as a model because I thought that even though she is young she would listen to me since she knows me and if she did I know her sister would help her stay on track. As said above Larissa came late which also means that Cassia came a little late. She therefore also only wore two outfits. Her first outfit was a jean jump-suite and then she changed into a peach colored bathing suite with shorts and a towel for an extra touch.

Shaheed is my cousin and Sofiah’s brother. I selected him to model for me because I think he would do a great job. Over all Shaheed only wore two outfits, firstly he wore a white polo with jean shorts and then just changing into a white t-shirt with jean shorts as well. although he did a great job I did not manage to get many pictures of Shaheed because he was not feeling to well. But the shots that I got of him are wonderful and will surely make part of the final catalogue.

Malik is silent, respectful and gets the job done. He is easy to work with and a pleasure to work with as well. Malik wore two outfits as well. Started off with jeans and a buttoned down shirt and then changing into jeans and a white t-shirt. Malik is very photogenic and he has a beautiful smile. I am not sure if he has done anything of this sort before but I do not think so. Although he has not done anything before he surely has the capacity to do this in the future to help other people.

Samora was not on my list initially although I really appreciated that he could help me with this project. Since I was not ready to have Samora to model he only had one outfit; which was jeans and a white t-shirt. Even though he only had one outfit he was a lot of help to getting the whole thing together. With the lack of people he managed to do what I needed him to do even though it was last minute. It was very, very kind of him to help me with this. It was easy to work with him and easy for the other models to work with him because they all knew him since we all study at the same school.

The two brothers Diogo and Joao were a little shy during this session. When I chose them I was aware that this would be a problem that I might face but I thought that by having Madalena there (their cousin) would help a little. Although it did not help much with Joao it did with Diogo. Out of the two Diogo is the youngest but he is the one that we managed to convince to take some pictures. Since it was so hard I only managed to get him into one outfit, which was simple, jeans and a t-shirt. He agreed to taking pictures but only if it were with his cousin Madalena. I managed to get some nice pictures. Joao was very shy and we were not able to get him to change his mind. I did not want to force him to do something he did not want to so he stayed watching. Maybe the two brothers could come to the re-do session if they are willing to but if not they helped as much as they could and I appreciate it.

To conclude the report on todays day, it was long, tiring and a lot of work specifically hard work. But it was a wonderful experience for me. I enjoyed working on this sort of thing even though it is stressful it is still fun because it is something that I have a passion for, something that interests me, something that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment