Sunday, September 23, 2012

Email to Parents - First Draft




To the parents of (name of child inserted) 

My name is Mishal Fateally and I am in grade 10 at the American International School of Mozambique. By being a 10th grader I have to complete a project to finalize the MYP (Middle Years Program) called “Personal Project.” This is a one-year project, based on something of my choice, which will allow me to learn through the process of creating a final product. As I am a girl who is very much into the arts, especially photography and fashion I have decided to make my Personal Project about these two topics that interest me. The final product I have decided upon is a fashion catalogue. My catalogue is going to advertise Fatelli & Fatelli Junior, a store located in Polana Shopping Center.

The reason I have reached out to you is because of the following. In order to manage to accomplish my final product I need young kids whom I can use as models. I will photograph them and then the best pictures will be used in the catalogue. The catalogue will be printed out in a hard copy, and published. When I say, “published,” I mean that it will be presented to people who enter the store. It will simply be there, to be viewed by public and clients who have the interest in looking at it. I have brainstormed on which kids I would like to have part of my project and your son/daughter are one of my options.

Through this email I would like to have your permission and consent to “use” your child as a part of my project. I would appreciate it if you agree. By agreeing you are agreeing to the following terms:
1.     I can photograph them and use their pictures publically with no problem
2.     Your son/daughter will attend photo-shoots that will be planned on days that suite both myself and you as parents and your son/daughter
3.     Your child will be devoted to helping me, this meaning that when we agree on a day together you will not cancel last minute. If cancelation of plans has to occur it will have to be at least a day before
4.     You as parents will be arrange a way for your son/daughter to be dropped of at planned location and picked up as well meaning, that transportation is not in my hands

I would appreciate it if you agreed, your support would mean much to me. Please get back to me as soon as possible with whatever you have decided.
Thank you for taking your time reading this,

Mishal Fateally
  


No comments:

Post a Comment